Hi! My name is Gabriel Tomitsuka. I'm the Founder & CEO of Unconvo, the
new home for the book world. We're creating shared experiences through reading.
On the side, I consult on product management & software engineering for Contrary Capital,
a venture capital fund identifying and investing in the world's top talent.
- I worked as COO & CTO at Red Ink Review, where I assisted the
modern student in their
pursuit of greatness.
- I interned at 360T in Frankfurt, where I worked closely with the CEO to
lay the groundwork for 360X, Germany's first NFT platform.
- I interned at DB1 Ventures, where I helped
board materials & conduct due diligence for Clarity AI's $15 million Series A.
- I interned at Eurex, Europe's largest futures and options market. There, I built internal Python tools to help fixed
income traders manage billions in collateral risk.
- I worked as a Web Developer at the German marketing agency TREU media from 14 to 16,
where I built beautiful modern websites and VR games.
- I build open-source projects for fun!
My highlights are gibberish-detector.js, a library
to identify gibberish spam with 100,000+ downloads on NPM,
and montreus-chat, a WhatsApp clone.
- I am a proud first-generation immigrant, coming from Brazil to Germany at 13 years old with rudimentary
- I'm a lifelong bookworm! I read contemporary fiction, classics, science fiction, fantasy and non-fiction.
- I made money for the first time selling a sci-fi comic book called "The Space Adventures of Mr. LEGO"
when I was 11.
- I love discovering different cultures and corners of the world — I've been to 14 countries and lived in Bluffton, South
Games & gamer communities have shaped my way of looking at the world. I played Rainbow Six: Siege semi-professionally for Windigo eSports and
am pretty good at chess (1750 rated).
- I love writing and hope to write a book one day!
Nowadays, I live and WFH in Munich, Germany.
Please feel free to reach out via email or on Twitter!